Between November 30, 2011 and January 23, 2012:
- The “No dog” policy was reinforced around campus in designated “no dog” areas.
- Four music lockers were burglarized. Missing are a guitar, amplifier, and other instruments and equipment.
- One report of students on the roof of Chouinard. They left before an investigation, but their methods were exposed as roof via tree.
- A homeless person was removed from campus.
- A suspicion person was removed from campus.
- A set of tires was damaged when a student drove the wrong way through the rear exit. (Sign comprehension abilities of CalArts’ students now under investigation by this publication’s staff).
- Four students set off the Chouinard fire alarms while cooking.
- One student intended to sell narcotics but was instead found in possession.
- One person used a bathroom floor rather than a toiletbowl for purposes of defecation.
- Posters and one art piece were vandalized, and several drawings were reported missing.
There was a fire in Fire Valley.
- In six incidents, students were found with alcohol or intoxicated. One belligerent group walked away with their alcohol and continued to drink elsewhere. In a separate incident a student was found drinking in Ahmanson laundry room. The student apologized, but it is generally agreed that laundry sucks.
Information compiled by Lauren Davis with Lianna Kissinger-Virizlay.